I believe he is, in fact, crazy about them. And that his heart beats to set women and men free through the gospel, arms linked, hearts joined, to spread the good news of his offer of forgiveness and reconciliation to all. So this is my image for 2014: men and women, boys and girls, arms linked, forming a beautiful alliance, their hearts joined to beat a path to hope and healing that can only be explained through the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Each week I hear cries of frustration and pain from women who are struggling to find their place. But there are stories of hope, too: Jesus, who came to reconcile all things to himself, is Reclaiming Eve and her daughters. Let me preach it from the rooftops for anyone who cares to hear: the reconciling mission of Jesus will not be stopped by any earthly power; the example of Jesus treating the women in his life with dignity, value and revolutionary mutuality is undeniable; the restoration Jesus provides is happening, story by story, relationship by relationship, home by home, church by church.
Taste and see by sampling these diverse stories of women who are being reclaimed: Reclaiming Eve story series: Heather, Natasha, Vivian, Dorcas, Dorothy, Natalie, Robin and Cara. And now, the top posts for 2014. Thank you so much for being a part of this blog community! Your support sustains me.
Top Blog Posts on suzanneburden.com:
- Barren Guilt by Association
- When Men Subvert Gender Hierarchy in the Church
- What We Talk about When We Talk about Women in Church: Part One, "Does danger lurk in a woman sitting near you?"
- How One Women Struggles with Traditional Church
- For the Childless this Mother's Day (and Those Who Love Them)
Favorite Posts Around the Internet:
- When Gender Reconciliation Doesn't Preach (asistasjourney.com)
- Reclaiming Eve at Advent (missioalliance.org)
- When We Close Our Wombs (hermeneutics at Christianity Today)
- When I Opposed Women in Ministry (Intervarsity's The Well)
- A Woman Fully Alive (shelovesmagazine.com)