What is Jesus primarily saying to his daughters? Or put another way, the question repeats: What would you tell the woman who is discouraged by her present circumstances?
The one facing a dead end. The many wondering how to fully contribute the gifts the Holy Spirit placed in them. Those who may be silenced.
I am not sure that my answer ever completely satisfies; I fear some are looking for the perfect solution.
I have no immediate solution that works for all, though I pray for one. But I do have a Savior.
I tell them they are the Beloved, the One Jesus loves, and that he delights in them.
I say, remember Jesus, dunked down in the waters of the Jordan, coming up again, only to be covered over with Belovedness, the Spirit alighting, the voice saying:
"This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased."
Did you know that God loves you this much? That he seeks out the desperate, downtrodden and discouraged and offers them his delight and pleasure? How can I convince you that you are defined by God's intentions—his great, glorious intentions for each of his daughters, and not by your current circumstances?
How can I convince myself?
Jesus' words ring true for all of us, all of us who are stretching, reaching out to touch his hem, hoping that just a touch will heal.
Who touched me? he says.
We fall at his feet, trembling in fear, and confess the truth.
And he says, “Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace and be freed from your suffering.”
But there is more than simple healing here. The unclean woman (Mark 5:25-34) went from exclusion (do you feel this, too?) to complete inclusion (a daughter given a place).
Keep reaching for his hem. Keep meeting with him as his Beloved. Watch him heal you and know that no matter what anyone else says, Jesus has already set his daughters free.
Watch the two-minute video on how Jesus frees The Unclean Woman here.
Reclaiming Eve, Out and About
- Follow the online conversation at Intervarsity's The Well.
- Don't miss the FREE EBOOK offer from Wednesday's post, "Reclaiming Adam: Challenging Men to Take On the Sex Industry." A guest post by Beth Bruno and Chris Bruno.
- TheWritingShow.com, hosted by Ann Byle and Dawn Jones, on the challenges and writing of Reclaiming Eve. Listen here.
- WKTO Florida - Enjoyed a conversation with Carol Henry and prayer for God's daughters to be set free.
- Video Shorts #5: How Does the Gospel Reclaim Eve? Priscilla's story.
- Google Hangout replay with Jamie, Suzanne and host Joy Bennett.
Join the #ReclaimingEve conversation on facebook or twitter.